Sunday, June 10, 2012

Indoor summer fun??

UGHH...This heat is killing me!! It is {HOT HOT HOT}. Full sun, no breeze, and temps in the 90's.

My kids want to go outside and play. I just want to lay inside in the AC. This means sticking them in front of the TV all day for them to cooperate, and I hate doing that. Alex wants to go out and ride his bike, I am half tempted at bringing his bike in the house (if only we had more room).

We were invited by a couple of friends to go to the pool today which would have been nice, but I passed because I didn't have the extra money. They even offered to pay, and now I am regretting turning them down. At least I didn't tell the kids we had been invited...they would have been heartbroken.

I know there are plenty of outdoor water activities that we could do at our own house. I could turn on the sprinkler, or fill water balloons, or play Sponge Bomb (I game I saw on pinterest...linkity link), but I want to know what YOU all do to have fun INDOORS when you just don't want to brave the heat or have a water fight with the kids.

Please comment!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try and go outside before noon so it isn't quiet as hot or later in the day like after supper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we try to do that, too. That leaves around 6 hours of empty space to fill, ha ha. But what I want to know is what does everyone do for fun indoors?? However, you have younger children, so I can understand you may not have to worry about it as much. With lunch, and naps, and dinner, by the time you finish all of that...it's time to go out again! My older kids don't take naps, so I need ideas :)

      Delete